To start looking for free software for my third project, I typed in "open source software for education." What I found was a website full of different softwares that can be used in the classroom. It is called Schoolforge.net and it has a link labeled "Software".
Here are some of the options. Crossword Builder makes crossword puzzles that can be adjusted online for whatever subject you need to teach. I think that this software looks simple enough but I am not sure how useful a crossword puzzle activity can be.
Canorus is software that generally helps with musical scores but can be helpful in note taking. Students could find this easy and helpful though I was always a person who liked taking hand notes because I felt like I had more control over what I was writing.
Last week I learned some things about Internet safety. I am pretty cautious when it comes to internet privacy and try to limit how much I post online already. However, I think it is a good reminder that any website that asks for too much peripheral information can still be unsafe. If predators connect all the dots they can still find out plenty of information about you. Similarly, you can make your email address a picture icon so that "spiders" can't scrape your email address.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment