When I think about English class, I feel...

What kind of books do you like to read most?

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Assignment #4

Using an instructional video for teaching an English concept, at first, seemed strange if not unnecessary. However, as I got to thinking about it I realized that showing a video that includes clips, pictures and sounds from the internet would probably be a welcome change to any student. Also no matter how animated I am in class as I explain something, some pictures and videos are more compelling. Specifically, I thought of this in terms of teaching active voice and active verbs. My idea is to have a series of either pictures or recordings of people "doing" things or in "action." Then I will contrast those shots with others where people are standing around "being." Before each shot I will have a frame that has the verb written out. The idea is that the action verb frames are more exciting to watch. These action verbs have the same effect in writing. I have already found a bunch of pictures, clips and sounds I want to use. I have not had any significant challenges so far. Some problems I foresee may be technological kinks when it comes to putting it all together. I have spent about an hour working on this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment